- NI 43-101 mineral resource1:
- An indicated mineral resource of 14.42 Mt @ 1.54 g/t gold (715,000 oz. gold ) @ 0.3 g/t Au cutoff
- An inferred mineral resource of 28.19 Mt @ 1.14 g/t gold (1,035,000 oz. gold) @ 0.3 g/t Au cutoff
- The 100% owned project is located 70km north from the city of Novo Progresso, in the state of Para;
- Easy access by paved highway, available workforce in Novo Progresso; and
- Eleven exploration concessions covering a total area of 58,500 hectares.
The São Jorge deposit hosts an indicated mineral resource of 14.42 Mt grading 1.54 g/t gold (715,000 ounces of gold) and an inferred mineral resource of 28.19 Mt grading 1.14 g/t gold (1,035,000 ounces of gold) at a 0.3 g/t gold cut-off. The resource estimate was compiled by Coffey Mining Pty Ltd. and provided the following estimates for the project (oxide and primary mineralization) at various cut-off grades (the oxide resource comprises a small part (9%) of this overall resource):
|São Jorge Gold Project
Mineral Resource Estimates Summary
|Lower Cutoff Grade||Million Tonnes||Average Grade||Contained Gold
|(g/t Au)||(g/t Au)|
|Indicated Mineral Resource||0.3||14.42||1.54||715|
|Inferred Mineral Resource||0.3||28.19||1.14||1,035|
Access to the São Jorge Gold Project from the city of Novo Progresso is via 70km of mostly paved roads on highway BR163, and secondary roads that transect the property. Brazil Resources plans to base its operations in Novo Progresso. In addition, electricity and water is available on site.
- Located 70km by paved tarmac road south of the project;
- Town of 60,000 people capable of supplying manpower and services to the project;
- Commercial daily flights from Belem and Alto Floresta;
- Hydro-electric transmission line from Novo Progresso supplies power to the project; and
- Rapidly improving infrastructure due to main artery between Santarem (port) and Cuiaba (agricultural center) for the export of soya beans.
1For further information respecting the above resource estimate for the São Jorge Gold Project, please refer to the technical report by Porfirio Rodriguez and Leonardo de Moraes of Coffey Mining with an effective date of November 22, 2013 and titled "São Jorge Gold Project, Pará State, Brazil. Independent Technical Report on Mineral Resources", a copy of which is filed under BRI's profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.